Ricoh adds roll option on new hybrid flatbed UV printer
Ricoh has introduced the Ricoh Pro TF6251 hybrid flatbed UV printer and says print service providers will benefit from its highly flexible print production on roll fed media.
Building on the successful Ricoh Pro TF6250, the all in one hybrid system supports the production of a wider range of applications for sign and display, industrial, graphic arts and interior decor.
It also delivers high productivity with its 12 Ricoh inkjet print heads. On a 2.5m x 1.3m sized table, the print heads enable flatbed print speeds of up to 116 sqm per hour in four colour draft mode.
“Ricoh developed this flexible solution in response to clients’ production needs,” said Graham Kennedy, director, Industrial Print, Commercial and Industrial Printing Group, Ricoh Europe. “It is a timely addition to our portfolio, particularly as operations strive to find ways during the pandemic to develop their services while remaining competitive and adaptable.
“The Pro TF6251 combines our market leading inkjet head technology expertise with our proven flatbed and roll fed capabilities to create a highly versatile and responsive solution. We believe it will open up a number of production possibilities for print operations that are looking to be increasingly creative with the services they deliver and the markets they serve.”
Ricoh added: “The combination of tried and tested technology and leading inkjet capability offers a number of benefits for multidiscipline print operations including:
- A hybrid rigid and flexible solution that supports production of a wider range of applications from one device.
- A single system with a smaller footprint than two separate devices while also offering energy consumption and ink savings.
- A choice of two types of inks - the Ricoh DG130 versatile UV ink that offers high adhesion and Ricoh GP120 graphic art UV ink (for roll to roll only) that delivers high colour gamut for greater flexibility.
- The ability to print on rigid board of up to 11cm depth to allow the expansion of services offered.
- Faster curing and lower energy using Ricoh LED lamps to save time and money.
- Low print temperature to ensure the careful treatment of the printed substrate.
- Low energy consumption for more environmentally conscious and cost effective production.
- Greenguard certified inks supporting a sustainable approach.”
Operator productivity is maximised by the Ricoh Pro TF6251’s updated user interface. It allows last minute adjustments and simplifies operation with capabilities such as auto material thickness detection.
“Further efficiency is provided by ColorGATE Productionserver Select,” Ricoh said. “Users benefit from consistent and predictable colour output and spot colour support for client satisfaction. As well as from container and tiling functions, and process automation. The Adobe PDF Print Engine is key to outstanding performance.”
The Ricoh Pro TF6251 will be available in Europe from 1st January 2021.